I wanted to send a few Valentine’s cards this year so instead of buying some, I decided to make my own. And I found the perfect printable! These hand drawn postcards are so adorable; click here. This was the perfect rainy day, lounging in bed craft.
I decided to print out four of the white cards and then add a little color to them with my prismacolor pencils. And here’s how they turned out…
Since I didn’t have any envelopes, I decided to actually send them as postcards. So I got out my ruler and drew on the back of the cards (I had to get out of bed and move to my desk for this step haha).
Voila!! The perfect Valentine ♥
This craft is inspired by Anthropologie and many other versions can be found on Pinterest and the blog-sphere.
- mason jars or cleaned up food jars
- hot glue (E-6000 or any other permanent glue works well too)
- fake snow (I bought a bag from Michael’s)
- mini christmas trees (I bought mine from the dollar store)
- glue the tree to the inside of the jar lid (if the tree is too tall for the jar, you need to do a little tree trimming)
- put a small amount of fake snow in the jar (you will be tempted to put a lot in, but you don’t want to burry the tree in snow)
- screw the lid onto the jar
- tie a bow around the base of the jar
And you’re done!
These are a few of my finished snow globes. I like the mismatched jars! I used both white satin ribbon and white eyelet ribbon.
Some different ideas:
- using the glittered snow from Michaels
- adding glitter to the tree
- adding mini lights or ornaments to the tree
Just whipped up this soon to be wreath; all it needs is a chunky satin ribbon to hang it up on the door. The frame is from the dollar tree (originally black), I made the felt flowers, the mini ornament is from Michaels, and I shrunk the sign down from a banner I found online.